GETTING PEOPLE OUT TO YOUR EVENTS
Sure, it's great to put up flyers and the occasional banner advertising an event, but it takes a little better strategy to really get the people to come to your event! Here are a few ideas taken from the BACCHUS and GAMMA flyer, "20 Ways to Get People Out to Your Events." This flyer is available by calling (303) 871-0901.
1. Send personal invitations to people using campus mail or e-mail.
2. Make personal presentations at group meetings and ask for support.
3. Ask the local pizza or sub delivery shop to act as a sponsor and place your event advertising with some healthy messages on it taped to each delivery box that goes out during NCAAW.
4. Ask professors to give extra credit to students who attend events.
5. Give incentives and rewards to those committee members who can bring five friends to any event!
6. See if RA's can get programming credits for bringing their floor members to one of your events.
7. Use table tents in campus dining areas to advertise your events. Be sure to get the proper approval first, however!
8. Always have a specific campus group as the headline sponsor of a particular event.
9. Go into classrooms and write a little promotional statement on the corner of the blackboards.
10. Invite a radio station to do a live remote from one of your events.